Hugh Jackman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Is My Friday

Go down

Monday Is My Friday Empty Monday Is My Friday

If that makes sense. I only work four days a week, starting on Friday, ending on Monday, so Monday is like Friday. Get it?

Maybe this guy can give me a ride to work.

Monday Is My Friday NYC82309_12c_resize
NYC, August 23, 2009.

Ah, Hugh, you and your crappy Land Rover. Dude. Whassup wit dat? Do you have to be so celebrity? LOL. Let's just hope it's a lease - this way when it starts to go to crap after one year, like all Land Rovers do, he can just trade it in. Then again, he lives in NYC - he probably doesn't drive it all that much.
Kiki
Kiki
Admin

https://kristi510.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Monday Is My Friday :: Comments

LadyT220

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:35 am by LadyT220

Whyfore the huge offroad car in the middle of a city, Mister Huu?

Considering how he dropped in mention of carbon deficit and climate change on the Ethiopian interview in the same breath as his newfound interest in Fairtrade I'm surprised he's not jumped on the hybrid bandwagon yet.

Back to top Go down

Kiki

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:14 am by Kiki

Yeah, he talks about being in "carbon debt" and yet adds to it by driving around in that thing. Hypocrite.

I, on the other hand, refill water bottles, turn off all lights and appliances when not using them, use energy-efficient light bulbs, and walk everywhere I need to go.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:20 am by LadyT220

I only walk a lot because I didn't have a car for 2+ years and never really liked driving much in the first place. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Kiki

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 am by Kiki

I hate driving. I have untreated ADD - not ADHD, as I am NOT hyperactive - my attention span is too short to ever be able to drive properly. I don't even have a driver's license at the moment, and if I were to get one, I'd have to do the written test, 5-hour course, and road test all over again.

I'm supposed to be on meds - but I'm not, so there you go. That's why I'm rather... flaky.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:14 pm by LadyT220

Fair nuff. I don't have that excuse, I'm just a bit crap at it.

Back to top Go down

MFPhila

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:30 pm by MFPhila

I have to drive around here or else I'd get no where, but I do not drive a SUV. I don't mind though. I do however shut off all lights, use those energy efficient bulbs and use refillable bottles too.

My guess is it's a lease. He didn't have a car in NYC before, maybe he got so used to having one in Australia he wanted one close by at all times. It does make it easier when getting around with kids in tow.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:54 pm by scrffy78

A bigger car also probably makes them feel safer when there are more paps following them too, especially when the kids are with them. I love my small car. I learned to drive with a full-size van and the greater difficulty in parking and their lack of agility on the highway eradicated any desire to own a van or SUV of any kind.

Back to top Go down

narrows101

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:01 pm by narrows101

I've had a driver's license since 1975 and I haven't used it since. Too paranoid. If hubby ever bites the dust I'm totally screwed - it's a move near transportation or retirement village here I come I guess.

Re the Land Rover - can't say anything too bad about it since my brother-in-law is a salesman in Paramus for them but I know what you mean about the carbon footprint stuff (which is why I hate when most celebrities hawk things since most of the time you find out they don't practice what they preach). I'm sure it's a lease and I guess the traffic downtown/parking isn't as bad as midtown

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:15 pm by icelemt38

Here where I live, I can't get anywhere without a car since there are virtually no taxis, buses only come around every so often, and we have BART but that's about it. Ahhh, living in suburbia, it's like I'm right out of something like Desperate Housewives.

Back to top Go down

emtee

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:23 pm by emtee

Love that picture of Hugh! He looks so bulky and huggable there.

Funny how so few of us enjoy driving. I had a wicked, multi-fatality accident years ago based on a looney driver and have never felt comfortable since. I'd feel safe if Mr. Hugh was driving though.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 pm by LadyT220

I reversed into a police car once... that's probably my biggest driving low-point so far. :p

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm by icelemt38

Hahahahaaa, then what happened? My first week of having my license, I backed up into a parked truck, one of those ones with the huge wheels all suped up so I couldn't see the bumper since it was so high and didn't know it stuck out so freaking much. Then just a few months ago, someone at the school parking lot hit my parked car, and pooey for them and their insurance, had to cover $4,000 worth of damage when their car wasn't even scratched.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:24 pm by wombat

I have a typical mum-taxi - driving across town at rush hour in a ten minute journey that can take up to an hour. Typical british town driving where the streets were designed for horse-drawn carriages and pedestrians and more recently planners have introduced "traffic calming" and other restrictions that mean you can't take a direct route to anywhere. The only thing I like about driving is listening to the radio.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:34 pm by LadyT220

icelemt38 wrote:Hahahahaaa, then what happened?

Not a lot. I did it very slowly, rolling backwards down a hill when my gearbox failed (it was a very old, very shitty car) and luckily didn't do any material damage except to my ego :p
The policeman was very understanding, it just got reported as an accident.

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:40 pm by icelemt38

Well that's good.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum