Hugh Jackman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay, so I didn't get drunk.

Go down

Okay, so I didn't get drunk. Empty Okay, so I didn't get drunk.

But I did have two 22 ounce yummy Sams, even if that is totally Red Sox beer. But it's so good.

My poor brother-in-law. Wednesday is his 40th birthday. My sister splurged and got really great seats for the Yankee game that night.

Then this morning, his grandmother died. Sad

They have to have the funeral on Wednesday because they have to send the body back to Puerto Rico for burial. So now they have to go to a funeral instead - I feel really bad, because they're both sad and disappointed at the same time. So tonight was pretty much the only celebration he's going to get - and that was just dinner at Outback.

Okay, so I didn't get drunk. ComicCon2003_21_resize
San Diego ComicCon, July 2003.

Now here's a guy who likes his beer. Good Hughie.
Kiki
Kiki
Admin

https://kristi510.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Okay, so I didn't get drunk. :: Comments

icelemt38

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 pm by icelemt38

Awww that's so sad!!! These things seriously happen on the whim sometimes. One of my best friend's Dad died on Friday night, and he's no older than mid 40s. Going to his funeral on Thursday, oi life and its tragedies.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:34 am by LadyT220

Oh, that sucks. The start of this year was full of funerals as well, they seem to come in batches.

Back to top Go down

Kiki

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:43 am by Kiki

It's funny, I always thought that a 40th birthday was a bigger deal to women (I plan to avoid mine), but it's a big deal to men too. He's actually this really easy going guy, just rolls with the punches, but last night I could just tell how bummed he was.

Back to top Go down

MFPhila

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 am by MFPhila

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I laughed when I turned 40 and had a gallbladder operation to celebrate LOL.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm by LadyT220

I think any birthday ending with a 0 can be kind of a big deal to any gender.

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:53 pm by icelemt38

Well the big 2-0 was pretty freaking lame, lol, out of the teens but still not really old enough to do anything.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 pm by LadyT220

That's true, though that's because you have silly drinking age laws. It was a lot more fun turning 18, though 20 had its perks.

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:37 pm by icelemt38

Exactly, it doesn't stop anyone anyways.

Back to top Go down

narrows101

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm by narrows101

icelemt38 wrote:Exactly, it doesn't stop anyone anyways.

Yeah, my 19 year old nephew showed me his fake ID when I saw him the last time.

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:59 pm by icelemt38

Lol, haha I don't have one of those but know plenty of people who do and just munch off them.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 pm by LadyT220

You know I still get carded buying beer in the supermarket because there's an "Ask 25" initiative. Whereby if they think you look under 25 you have to have ID to prove you're over 18. Which is... you know... STUPID. But pleases me in a sad sort of way to know that I have, as yet, clung on to my youth. I hope to continue to get ID'd until I'm at least 30 ;p

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm by icelemt38

That has to be one of the oddest initiatives I've ever heard, lol.

And sad thing is I get mistaked for 16 all the time, now that really annoys me, lol.

Back to top Go down

narrows101

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 pm by narrows101

Oh, to be mistaken for 16....

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm by LadyT220

icelemt38 wrote:That has to be one of the oddest initiatives I've ever heard, lol.

Well, I kind of understand it, cause if you've ever seen some of the 16 year olds around here, dressed up like slappers with 20lbs of make-up caked to their face, many of them look *substantially* older...

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:41 pm by icelemt38

Lol, ok so I've been watching Little Brittian and all I can think of is that teenage girl Matt Lucas plays, lol.

Back to top Go down

LadyT220

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 pm by LadyT220

HEE!

Back to top Go down

icelemt38

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 pm by icelemt38

That show is awesome, thank goodness for a colleague who introduced me to it, I'm on season 4 now, can't get enough of it.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 pm by aktorgirl

I was still getting carded in my late 20's, so hang onto youth I always say. Actually, I got carded a few months back, but I think she was just being a wise ass because my husband was joking about her needing to card me. Not bloody likely. Buggers!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum