Hugh Jackman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buried

3 posters

Go down

Buried Empty Buried

Post by narrows101 Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Looks like Ryan is getting very popular - this, then the Green Lantern, Deadpool, etc. Wonder if this one is awards material.

http://www.collider.com/2010/01/25/liuonsgate-buys-sundance-hit-buried-for-almost-4-million-and-steve-has-a-few-words-on-the-ryan-reynolds-film/

Last night Buried premiered at the Sundance Film festival and almost immediately Twitter was ablaze with glowing reviews of the Ryan Reynolds film. If you haven’t heard of the film, Buried was directed by Rodrigo Cortes and it features Reynolds trapped in a underground coffin in Iraq for 90 minutes. While you may wonder how can anyone make a film about someone trapped in a coffin for five minutes…let alone ninety minutes, not only does Cortes deliver the goods, it’s an awesome movie. From the opening title credits to the music and Ryan Reynolds dazzling performance, Buried is a great movie made for almost no money. Trust me when I say, this is a film people will be talking about. It really shows what Reynolds can do as an actor and I’ll admit to being very impressed with the film and his performance.

So it should come as no surprise that Lionsgate made the first buy at this year’s Sundance Film Festival today as they bought Buried for slightly less than $4 million. The plan is to release the film later this year. Since most of you won’t be able to see Buried till later this year, I’ll end this story by saying this is a film everyone will be talking about after they see it. Great movie. Definitely recommended.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Buried Empty Re: Buried

Post by LadyT220 Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Like the Tarantino-directed Gravedigger episodes of CSI with Nick-in-a-box?
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:57 pm

People on the scripts boards keep comparing Prisoners script to this one interestingly enough.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum