Hugh Jackman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prisoners

+7
Klenotka
Dark Phoenix
LadyT220
cath112
icelemt38
Kiki
narrows101
11 posters

Go down

Prisoners Empty Prisoners

Post by narrows101 Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 am

Am I reading too much into this? She was quoted on Tuesday (Jan. 12) and is probably someone who should be "in the know." The IMDB post where we first heard Hugh supposedly dropped out was posted Jan. 8. Could it just be that she didn't know yet on Tuesday if that was true or the IMDB guy was wrong - I'm inclined to believe the first answer. And why is Hugh's name being thrown around and not the other "big name actor"?

Negotiations are under way with “X-Men” star Hugh Jackman and another big-name actor to be in the film, Sheila O’Malley, Derby’s director of economic development, said Tuesday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Prisoners Empty Re: Prisoners

Post by Kiki Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:19 am

I think this is a total "wait and see" because there are conflicting reports going on.

ETA: Moved this into a "Prisoners" forum.

Last edited by Kiki on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Moved topic into forum "Prisoners")
Kiki
Kiki
Admin

https://kristi510.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35 am

Kiki wrote:I think this is a total "wait and see" because there are conflicting reports going on.

I agree - just like to speculate and guess and see how right/wrong we were in the end - hopefully the answer will be soon. And thanks for moving this into the right spot Kristin - I thought I put it in the right place but obviously not....
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:16 pm

If it wasn't for those reports saying filming would take 6 months, I would think even with filming in March that Hugh could finish before RS in June, I really don't see how or why this movie would even take more then 3 months to shoot.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:20 pm

I agree on the 6 mo. thing too but what do we know. Meanwhile:

Missing Star Causes 'Prisoners' Delay
Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back in December it was rumored that X-Men star Hugh Jackman was in heavy talks to join the cast of Antoine Fuqua's (Training Day) latest pic, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], which also saw Christian Bale, Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe all considered for roles. With the start date weeks away, the production has officially been delayed, reports the Valley Independent Sentinel. The implied reason is that Warner Bros. Pictures has yet to lock down the star -- meaning Jackman might not be toplining. Expect an announcement next week. Aaron Guzikowski's dark tale centers on a small-town man who, after his daughter and her friend are kidnapped and the cops fail to solve the crime, takes matters into his own hands, holding hostage the person he suspects committed the crime (sounds very similar to the Sundance title 7 Days).
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:22 pm

narrows101 wrote:
Kiki wrote:I think this is a total "wait and see" because there are conflicting reports going on.

I agree - just like to speculate and guess and see how right/wrong we were in the end - hopefully the answer will be soon. And thanks for moving this into the right spot Kristin - I thought I put it in the right place but obviously not....

No, you did put it in the right spot, but I moved it into it's own forum. If he ends up not doing it, I'll just move it back.
Kiki
Kiki
Admin

https://kristi510.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cath112 Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:25 pm

The local news had a brief segment on the movie again last night and mentioned as "possible" stars Walberg, Bale, and Crowe. Clearly they still have no idea who will be cast, but previously they included Hugh. No mention of him this time.

cath112

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:07 pm

icelemt38 wrote:If it wasn't for those reports saying filming would take 6 months, I would think even with filming in March that Hugh could finish before RS in June, I really don't see how or why this movie would even take more then 3 months to shoot.

I don't quite get it either. Something like Australia, or even something FX heavy like Wolverine I can see why it took so long, but just from the synopsis of this I'm bemused as to the reasoning behind the 6-month kind of timeframe.
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:11 pm

LadyT220 wrote:
icelemt38 wrote:If it wasn't for those reports saying filming would take 6 months, I would think even with filming in March that Hugh could finish before RS in June, I really don't see how or why this movie would even take more then 3 months to shoot.

I don't quite get it either. Something like Australia, or even something FX heavy like Wolverine I can see why it took so long, but just from the synopsis of this I'm bemused as to the reasoning behind the 6-month kind of timeframe.

That's my reasoning also. I'm thinking perhaps they meant the whole process and not just filming with the stars? I can't see how this would be six months filming, especially with the size of the budget. Meanwhile, the IMDB guy who first gave us the "scoop" reports about the delay in filming and his reasoning is it's to find a new star.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Phoenix Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 pm

It's just plain weird. Oo

Dark Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:04 pm

I got into the point when I want Hugh to do anything before RS. I don´t think there is some point in speculating, too. If Hugh will do this and the shooting should start on March (I think the 6-months is the whole thing, not just the shooting itself), the premiere would be delayed, too. They can´t make a post-production in two months.
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:07 pm

The only other reasoning I have for the 6 months is since these articles are talking about location shooting, the 6 months might refer to the amount of time they have to keep the city the way they need for filming. Not necissarily 6 months of production but if say they need to so some pick ups or something, as long as they do it within the 6 month period they're good, and that could include post work as well. Almost like Faraway Downs and how long that stayed up at Kununurra for Australia.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Even this blogger thinks if Prisoners starts in March it's plenty of time before Hugh does RS - he's also wondering what's up with the delay and even speculates on the director.

Many speculate that the reason for the delay is that picture is still without a star name in the lead role. While Hugh Jackman has long been attached, producers have been telling local officials they've been "trying" to land the actor which probably means there is no ink yet on any contracts. The other question this raises is if Fuqua will still be in the director's chair. With his signing on to another picture, it may mean that he's done waiting around for producers to cast the picture and he wants to get back to work.

That said, even if filming starts in March, Jackman's calendar is technically still open to take on the role before his schedule fills up entirely with "Real Steel" shooting this summer and the "Wolverine" sequel going in front of cameras in late fall/early 2011.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by nmb Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:39 pm

IMHO Hugh can't make up his mind. lol

nmb

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:04 pm

What I'm wondering is why it seems so difficult to get a cast for this movie if the script was one of the hottest scripts like reported. We hear about Bale, Wahlberg, Crowe, Hugh, and it seems they still are looking for some stars and even have to delay the filming.
Shouldn't it be easier to get stars for this movie if the script is so hot? Shouldn't be even a kind of "fight" between actors for this movie to get the role? I find it a little bit weird, and I begin to wonder if maybe the original script was changed so much that it isn't so very good and attractive for the actors anymore. Just my thoughts.

jean

Back to top Go down

Post by wombat Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:34 pm

The script may be hot but the budget is low. Though you could be right and the script has been watered down to make it more commercial.

wombat

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:24 pm

That's a good thought since there was an article that said it was PG 13, and I find that hard to believe if it followed the script, which to me is pretty much for sure R.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by nmb Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:39 pm

A new script could ruin it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

nmb

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:48 pm

icelemt38 wrote:That's a good thought since there was an article that said it was PG 13, and I find that hard to believe if it followed the script, which to me is pretty much for sure R.
The minutes from the Alderman meeting where this was discussed was posted - the Prisoners part, including the letters written, starts on page 5:

Our movie "Prisoners" can be best described as a "thriller" along the lines of Clint Eastwood's 2003
Academy Award winning movie "Mystic River". The movie will be released in theatres by Warner
Brothers and will be rated PG-13
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Yea exactly, so things in the script could have changed from the one that we read.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Hmm, I guess they are just quoting older information? It´s impossible (with or without Hugh) to make it on 22nd October if they will start shooting on March.
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Klenotka wrote:Hmm, I guess they are just quoting older information? It´s impossible (with or without Hugh) to make it on 22nd October if they will start shooting on March.
[url=http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2010/1/20/paramount-updates-status-for-true-grit-footloose.html

The Prisoners release date was set about a month ago so that's not new. And everyone is just assuming Hugh is going to do the movie because his name has been attached but there hasn't been any word on what's going on with that yet so I think he's just quoting the latest info.

It "possibly" could still be released in October if it starts in March since The Prestige filmed from January to April and was released in October - we don't know how much work the movie needs in post or how long it will take to film. But my guess is that date is going to change since it does seem kinda tight and there are other big-budget movies being released on that date.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by team Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 pm

thank you for the info Narrows101 ! *crossed my fingers*
team
team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Phoenix Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm

It was posted on Google that Crowe and Hugh are doing it (about an hour ago). Is it true? I haven't been following the rumors anymore.

Dark Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 pm

That is all speculation, the last we heard of it is that Hugh isn't doing it anymore from the guy on imdb, and he seems perfectly legit since well, we haven't heard of any updates and it's not beginning anytime soon.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum