Hugh Jackman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Filming News

+7
Kiki
wombat
jean
Klenotka
mamaleh
icelemt38
narrows101
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Filming News Empty Filming News

Post by narrows101 Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 am

Perhaps it's good that the movie was delayed and won't get a year-end release, as the remake of True Grit has been scheduled for Christmas Day. It stars Jeff Bridges and.... Matt Damon, directed by the Coen Bros.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Filming News Empty Re: Filming News

Post by icelemt38 Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 pm

I've never seen it nor do I know what "True Grit" is but I wonder if UC could film after RS?
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

True Grit is before you were born Irene! It was a 1969 western starring John Wayne and Glen Campbell. It was nominated for a whole bunch of awards and John Wayne won for Best Actor. I've never seen it - the only time I've liked John Wayne was in his I Love Lucy episode. Filming News Icon_biggrin
A drunken, hard-nosed U.S. Marshal and a Texas Ranger help a stubborn young woman track down her father's murderer in Indian territory.

I was also wondering about UC filming after RS, that's if Hugh is still attached and it's ready by then.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by mamaleh Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm not really a Damon fan but he has to be better than non-actor Glen Campbell, for whom, if memory serves, the producers inserted a guitar-playing scene with a song for the singer-musician. IMIHO Kim Darby stole the picture, anyway.

I do hope UC is still a "go" with Hugh.

mamaleh

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Pattinson may be filming a movie with Reese Witherspoon and Sean Penn in June, and the next Twilight movie is supposed to film in the fall. I don't see where UC can fit into anyone's schedule at this point unless someone backs out or it films next year - but then Hugh might have Wolverine.

Rob's June Movie
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 am

You know what is the most annoying part about this? That this kid really seems to be getting meaty roles! He didn´t prove he can really act or bring people to the theater yet. I saw his celebrated Little Ashes and I am sorry (and apologize to possible fans) but he wasn´t too good.
I still hope UC will be made - with or without RP. If he can´t fit his schedule into it, recast him. His role isn´t that big.
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 am

Klenotka, I so agree with you. I've also seen this Little Ashes movie and thought that RP was bad, he just isn't a good actor, maybe someday he will be better, but not now. Maybe a drama school would help.
I hope he will be recast in UC, and that the movie can be filmed this autumn (after RS). It can't be, that maybe because this kid can't manage his schedule or wants more money or a bigger role or whatever, UC will be delayed and delayed till next year when Hugh has no more time for it. It's just my personal speculation, because I can't stand this overhyped kid LOL, but I begin to wonder why this movie is really delayed. If it's really only because financial problems, and why they do need now more money than 90m$ etc.

jean

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:53 am

Honestly, I am not sure if I am more annoyed that this overhyped kid is getting roles he maybe even doesn´t have acting chops for, or with Hugh, that he takes roles in action flicks instead of serious dramas!
I really hope he can still suprise us with something during Spring (there is still this tiny hope for Prisoners) because I don´t think there will be much time between RS and Wolverine, if he indeed wants to start shooting in a year or in a year and a half. Only pre-production takes forever and he probably will want to be involved in the whole production process.
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 am

I think Wolverine will start filming not before summer 2011, so there could be some time between RS and pre-production of Wolverine, maybe. Do we know how long the filming for RS will be? Three months maybe or more? Or maybe A Steady Rain is ready to be filmed after RS. Isn't the next Bond movie delayed because they want to do it in 3D or so?? Just my silent hope LOL.

jean

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:18 am

I've learned not to b believe anything Hugh says about filming - he said he wanted to do Drive and Carousel this year and where are those? But Wolverine/XMen has that pesky three-year rule. Read conflicting things on Bond - it was going to be delayed because of the sale of MGM but then read they wanted to start in June, so who knows - but I didn't read anything about 3D, although everyone wants to do that now.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:22 am

Sam Mendes is interested in directing the new Bond. I was hoping he could work with Hugh on some project...
I also hoped (so far foolishly) in ASR movie after the summer since both Hugh and Daniel seem to be available if they wanted to.
But with Hugh, who knows? The Lipton commercial is a typical example - we didn´t know what he has been doing until the first photos appeared.
So we could hear on March that he is doing Edgar Allan Poe biography or soFilming News Icon_biggrin
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by wombat Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am

I've decided to give in and enjoy the ride. So long as he looks pretty, I'll be there at least once. Yes, he could do more but there's nothing I can do to influence him.

However, I'm pretty much convinced that he's already bulking up for Wolverine 2. He did the same before Australia and it made his drover slightly less convincing. If he manages to fit in UC, he's going to be an overly-buff frontiersman. It's annoying me a little because he's become known more for his physique than his skills.

wombat

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 am

You know, I didn't think about the bulking-up-for-Wolverine part - I just assumed this was part of his normal daily routine since he says it is and we've seen him coming out of the gym when he wasn't preparing for an X-Men movie. I really hope this is the last appearance of Wolverine since IMO it gets in the way of other roles he should be doing and I'm beginning to think this is his "paycheck so I can be Mr. Mom" job.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by mamaleh Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 am

Agreed. While he looks amazing, I think he got better roles and films when he was less muscular, such as THE PRESTIGE and THE FOUNTAIN. I know he keeps saying he loves the character, but I do think it's time to move on to more varied, quality roles.

Will HOUDINI (if he does it) require a bulky Hugh? Hopefully not so much that his physique will keep him from other roles.

See how selfless we are? We are willling to see him lanky and non-muscled so that he can creatively fulfill himself. Smile

mamaleh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:30 am

Honestly, I think Houdini is another Seed project that probably won't come to pass, just like (thankfully) the rest of them.
Kiki
Kiki
Admin

https://kristi510.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 am

It's like Patrick Stewart said in that Carpool podcast interview the other week about his own production company. That even now he still has boxes and boxes of projects that he still thinks are great, but they just... never happened.
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

narrows101 wrote:You know, I didn't think about the bulking-up-for-Wolverine part - I just assumed this was part of his normal daily routine since he says it is and we've seen him coming out of the gym when he wasn't preparing for an X-Men movie. I really hope this is the last appearance of Wolverine since IMO it gets in the way of other roles he should be doing and I'm beginning to think this is his "paycheck so I can be Mr. Mom" job.

I agree and I hope that this Wolverine will be the last one, too. And I think he thinks that, too. He always wanted to make the japanese saga so let´s hope he will be more stubborn this time about that project and won´t allow Fox to talk into it too much. And he isn´t getting any younger and to get into that kind of a shape in the age of...45? Really, it can be also dangerous, even for someone who lives as healthy as Hugh.
I saw few movie bloggers were also wondering why he "keeps doing these Wolverine movies". So it´s not that people would doubt about his skills, he just didn´t have an opportunity to show them.
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm

It does look as though he's bulking up again, he has looked bigger lately than usual I suppose. But the paycheck thing, I personally think he's made enough money to sustain the living that he's living for the rest of his life so it's not making money to be mr. mom, it's making money to make money, lol. But he does owe a lot to Wolverine and it's a role that keeps him in the spotlight and one that keeps him popular, the safety net. But thankfully it's not a role he can play forever and by the time he gets to it, he'll be what 43-44, after that, when he's 47-48, I think it's pushing it if he wants to do another one so I think we're safe in that respect.

Some juicy role is coming up though, I'm sure of it, don't know when but it's coming. Lately outside of his Seed movies, he's been in the mix with all the other big time actors for roles so I'm sure he's offered them, or is at least considered for them. His time will come, I just wish he was in a damn musical before musicals are a thing of the past again.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I dunno about making Wolverine movies just for the money, I think he probably genuinely likes the character, and I don't think anyone can deny he owes his big break to it. I think it probably goes beyond just financial gain. Sure, they make money, but it's not like he's lacking in other options, he could make money doing any number of things. I think he keeps making them cause he likes inhabiting that character.
Though personally I hope Wolvie 2 is the final outing for it, that's because I'd like it to go out while it's still possible to make Wolvie look at least relatively similar in all the films, rather than dwindle away some time when he's gotten too old and it all looks kind of rediculous.
Maybe at the end of the post-credit scene they can set his camper off trunding toward Laughlin city and they'll have come nicely full circle and can wrap it up with a big shiny bow.
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Maybe at the end of the post-credit scene they can set his camper off trunding toward Laughlin city and they'll have come nicely full circle and can wrap it up with a big shiny bow.

That was my exact ending thought also.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 pm

That would be an awesome ending, very much so. The paycheck thing I was just referring to Pat's post earlier about making the payday so he could be Mr.Mom (and I know it wasn't meant to be completely serious). No harm done, definitely he owes a lot to the character and I think one more is a good idea as long as it stops there. Even more awesome is if it's considered a great movie a la X2, going out on top. This story has always had me intrigued, but I don't think I want to see Old Man Logan(is that what it's called?) but a lot of people see the possibility of that if lets say Hugh is 50 and still wants to do it.

We'll see, tying it back to UC, I'd still love to see this movie. I've always felt after reading the script that UC is the Australia I never got to see.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by nmb Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:43 pm

I still have hope that UC will happen. Filming News Icon_wink

nmb

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:57 am

I just hope, if UC will still happen, that they don't change the script, even if I haven't read it, but I've heard a lot about it, and that they don't edit the whole movie too much. I also hope it won't be a too long and boring movie. And I hope it won't be a PG+13 movie.

jean

Back to top Go down

Post by vivianL Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Why do you mind the PG+13? A drama like this should have the depth, characters, story and all elements that would be more effective if only made for the adult world. Of course, if they want to win RP's teengirl fanbase, then they can't make it PG+13. Filming News Icon_razz

Last edited by vivianL on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
vivianL
vivianL

Back to top Go down

Post by nmb Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 pm

Good One! lol

nmb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content