Hugh Jackman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Rumors

+10
latone
wombat
Klenotka
jean
wildfire
vivianL
LadyT220
icelemt38
aktorgirl
narrows101
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General Rumors Empty General Rumors

Post by narrows101 Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Not a clue what this is. Not happening.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Li Bingbing, reported by Hong Kong media, replacing Zhang Ziyi who is too busy with Wong Kar-Wai’s Grand Master according to Zhang’s manager. Hugh Jackman has been invited to join the cast.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

General Rumors Empty Re: General Rumors

Post by aktorgirl Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Doesn't mean he's going to do it. I'd like to invite him to do a few things as well. (wouldn't we all?)

aktorgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:52 pm

WTF lol, random.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

It's like that time when a bunch of Bollywood directors kept saying they really wanted him and had extended offers for him to join their films. They can extend as many offers as they like, doesn't mean he's gonna' take 'em.
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vivianL Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Totally unrelated, but if Hugh does Wolvie 2, and he's gonna have Zhang Ziyi play his samurai daughter love interest, I'm totally gonna kick his arse! LOL
vivianL
vivianL

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

The last time he was supposedly in talks or whatever with an Asian director was Wong Kar Wai when he was going to do Lady in Shanghai remake. Yea we all know what happened with that one.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 pm

icelemt38 wrote:The last time he was supposedly in talks or whatever with an Asian director was Wong Kar Wai when he was going to do Lady in Shanghai remake. Yea we all know what happened with that one.

I think at some point I stopped paying attention to anything that didn't at least get past solid casting rumour stage...
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Yea that's definitely the smart thing to do.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by wildfire Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Not sure if this belongs here, but Catheriine-Zeta Jones has mentioned Cleo on The View today as a rock and roll movie she is going to be doing. Maybe Hugh is still doing this, too.

wildfire

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:09 pm

wildfire wrote:Not sure if this belongs here, but Catheriine-Zeta Jones has mentioned Cleo on The View today as a rock and roll movie she is going to be doing. Maybe Hugh is still doing this, too.
Too bad they didn't ask her who her co-star would be.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:21 pm

The last time Soderbergh talked about it, he definitely still wanted Hugh and pretty much said it's up to Hugh because the role is still pretty much his if he wants it, he just doesn't want to be a stale idea because Hugh has so many musicals in the works. But we all know that none of those musicals are happening anytime soon.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by vivianL Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Never heard about these rumoured projects before. So I see the problem is not that he is not being targeted by big-name directors, 'cos apparently he is. Soderbergh, Wong Kar Wai, now Spielberg. So why does he end up with fellas like Shawn Levy then, one must wonder...
vivianL
vivianL

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:46 pm

vivianL wrote:Never heard about these rumoured projects before. So I see the problem is not that he is not being targeted by big-name directors, 'cos apparently he is. Soderbergh, Wong Kar Wai, now Spielberg. So why does he end up with fellas like Shawn Levy then, one must wonder...

Wong Kar Wei - not sure he was ever attached to "Lady from Shanghai" - the only place I ever remember seeing something like that was his name attached to it at IMDB - I never read any story about it. Shawn Levy - blame Spielberg, he picked him.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 pm

That's true, he did hand pick him, maybe Levy's capable of something more, he just hasn't been given the oppotunity to show it yet. I'll wait and see on that one, lol.
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by vivianL Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:37 am

Yeah, and I'd like to believe it's Spielberg who made Hugh decide to do the project, and not Levy, lol.
vivianL
vivianL

Back to top Go down

Post by narrows101 Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:12 am

vivianL wrote:Yeah, and I'd like to believe it's Spielberg who made Hugh decide to do the project, and not Levy, lol.
I think Hugh signed on before Levy was announced - the original director was Peter Berg but he dropped out.
narrows101
narrows101

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:50 am

narrows101 wrote:
wildfire wrote:Not sure if this belongs here, but Catheriine-Zeta Jones has mentioned Cleo on The View today as a rock and roll movie she is going to be doing. Maybe Hugh is still doing this, too.
Too bad they didn't ask her who her co-star would be.

To be honest, I hope Hugh isn't attached anymore to this project. A Rock and Roll movie?? Please, noooo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was never a fan of this whole Cleo project and I'm glad that he didn't do it and hope he will never do it. Wink

jean

Back to top Go down

Post by Klenotka Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:38 am

narrows101 wrote:
I think Hugh signed on before Levy was announced - the original director was Peter Berg but he dropped out.

I think you are right. But Berg is worse than Hugh with dropping out of the projects. His name was attached to many of them and now he is doing...The ships? A movie based on the game?

jean wrote:To be honest, I hope Hugh isn't attached anymore to this project. A Rock and Roll movie?? Please, noooo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I was never a fan of this whole Cleo project and I'm glad that he didn't do it and hope he will never do it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I am with you on this one. I tried to accept it because it is a musical and Steven Soderbergh. But the idea is a little crazy. Soderbergh is one of the most sought directors (by actors) and if they want to work together, then he can surely offer Hugh another role in another movie.
But then again, with the 3D boom this past year, it could be a financiall success but I want more a critically acclaimed movie than just a financial hit.
Klenotka
Klenotka

Back to top Go down

Post by icelemt38 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm not going down the Cleo discussion again since pretty much it's just me and Kristin that are super supporters of it for various reasons. Soderbergh, being the main one and the idea as crazy as it sounds has potential in being one of those cult "Rocky Horror Picture Show" sort of movies and at it's very very small budget of 35M, it's not really all that big of a gamble anyways. It probably wouldn't take long to shoot and 3D is now the new craze of hollywood. The most important part of it all is working with Soderbergh, doesn't matter what movie, just working with him would shoot Hugh up to the elite directors quick and then he'll sort of join the Soderbergh club of actors (Pitt, Clooney, Damon).

Re RS, Levy signed on to the movie about a month and a few weeks before Hugh was ever attached. There were a bunch of "Shawn Levy Wants Hugh Jackman" articles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
icelemt38
icelemt38

Back to top Go down

Post by wombat Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey, don't be so elitist! There are others out here who would have loved to see it.

We need a few good rumours as everything is seeming a bit stale.

wombat

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 pm

On the topic of Cleo, I'm flip-flopping more than a politician. It seems entirely dependent on how drunk I am at any given moment.
Right now, I think it sounds kinda' fun. But then I'm two thirds down a bottle of Transylvanian Pinot Grigio. Draw your own conclusions there.
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by latone Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:37 pm

I would love to see it too, just for the record. Smile For the all aforementioned reasons, but really the fact that it's a crazy concept musical by director with vision who knows what he is doing is more than enough for me.

latone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:59 pm

And now I'll take the opportunity to say that what I don't like is the backlash I got for saying Real Steel sounded stupid, yet I never said a word when so many people trashed, and are still trashing, Cleo.

We have to remember that we haven't seen any of these things come to fruition yet, so initial impressions are really meaningless. They're just opinions. You can't say that Cleo sounds any better than Real Steel or vice-versa. They both sound idiotic, but then again, most ideas out of Hollywood are, and you never know what's going to work.

Meanwhile, it's too bad Viva Laughlin was so terrible - because with the success of Glee just a couple of years later, it's sad that it wasn't allowed to be tweaked into something watchable/enjoyable.
Kiki
Kiki
Admin

https://kristi510.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nmb Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:08 pm

3D Cleo could work. CZJ and Hugh could make a good team.

nmb

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyT220 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

Kiki wrote:
Meanwhile, it's too bad Viva Laughlin was so terrible - because with the success of Glee just a couple of years later, it's sad that it wasn't allowed to be tweaked into something watchable/enjoyable.

I'm still bummed VL wasn't... you know... better
LadyT220
LadyT220
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum